Thursday, February 7, 2008

Poor Trixie

Well we learned today while Trixie was "getting her mind changed" (as Craig's dad would have said) - regarding getting her "fixed" that she has an inherited kidney disease. Since it started very young it is not good news for her. She has to be on a special diet with low protien (so the very high protien food that I have been careful about selecting....) it also looks like that she will most likely not live to be a old dog. The ones on the internet with "Juvinile onset" live to be about two years old. I will not go to the long lengths to save her life... (they recommend tube feeding etc.) But I will savor her life, what life she can comfortably give us. No, I do not want a puppy. I will be sad to see her go - as she has brought incredible joy to us.

No comments: