Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chickens




Chickens, Chickens,Chickens! Brenda and I decided that
we did not have enough to do, so we thought we would raise some chikens. I ordered 80 cornish rocks (white, huge ugly ones) and 10 (they gave me 11) cute little red hens for egg laying. Brenda had to deal with the baby chicks as they came in (from the post office no yet...) while she was taking care of the four residents, her two very young children and a newborn.... so we added nearly a 100 baby chicks to the mix. Now, it was and still is very much worth it (especially since I did not have to do it). But aren't the pictures adorable?! This is Jessica and Jacob "holding" the babies. It looks like Jessica was squeezing the fluff off this one, but she was actually very gentle with it. She still asked me today at the Baptism service to go see the chicks. (Which sounded a lot like "stick - with a "t" at the end....)

No comments: