Sunday, July 26, 2009

Raccoons are not cute!


Okay, I know that a lot of you think of raccoons are these cute little masked guys. But they are not! They climb fences, even well built fences intended to keep the likes of them out! They will eat chickens... yes I know! First I think, okay - they can eat a chicken - I like them too. But they kill chickens for sport! Ripping off heads, leaving various parts of chickens laying around and not cleaning up after themselves. They are vicious, angry animals. Angry I say, cause why else would you be able to kill and mame seven to eight chickens in a matter of minutes? Twice! So now we carefully pack up the chickens we have left into the coop before nightfall (which means the sun has just barely hit the horizon. They are grateful for the protection of the coop. and so are we.

No comments: